|Task||When things don't go as planned|
If a freight charge has been incorrectly invoiced, you can create a credit note, as well as a debit note with the correct charge.
Skip ahead to
- Find the invoice
- Find the invoice line
- Explanation of line actions
- Create the draft credit and debit note
- Create final invoice
Find the invoice
In eCargo Web, you can locate the invoice through its invoice number or job/consignment number.
Find the invoice using its invoice number
Go to Find an Invoice in the Invoicing section of eCargo Web.
Search by invoice number, or use the filters to narrow down the results.
Clicking on the invoice takes you to its Invoice Details page.
Find an invoice using its consignment (job) number
Go to Find a Consignment in the Invoicing section, and use the consignment (job) number to search for the job.
In the Supplier Invoices box, you can find the invoice - clicking on its number will take you to the Invoice Details page.
Find the invoice line
Once you've found the invoice, you can find the invoice line on its Invoice Details page.
In Invoice Lines Summary, select View or View All to see the individual invoice lines in a box below.
Tick the box next to the relevant line/s and select an action from the available Line Actions.
Explanation of line actions
This issues a credit note for the amount invoiced. This might be used when:
- The job was cancelled and should not have been invoiced, or
- A credit needs to be raised immediately, but the new charge isn't known yet.
You can return and issue the debit note at a later stage.
Issue Credit & Reissue
This issues a credit note and reissues the correct charge in one go. A credit note and a debit note is generated. This is the most commonly used action - you can read more about what it does in Create the draft credit note and debit note below.
You might use this to change the status when manually reconciling charges, or when customers request credits or Proof of Delivery (POD). The status can be changed to:
- Reconciled - Manually Overridden
- POD Requested
- Credit Requested
- POD Sent
Add a comment to the selected invoice line, and see any existing comment.
Create the draft credit note and debit note
The Issue Credit & Reissue line action creates a credit note and a debit note for the correct charge amount. The correct charge amount can be entered manually, or taken from the updated charge in eCargo (if it has been recalculated to have the correct value).
When you Confirm the reissue amount, eCargo will:
- Create a draft credit note for the specified reissue amount (or add to any existing draft credit notes for the same customer/supplier).
- Change the original invoice line status to Credit Received.
- Add your Comment to the original invoice line and reference the credit note invoice number.
- Create a draft debit note for the specified reissue amount (or add to any existing draft debit notes for the same customer/supplier).
Create final invoice
Go to Invoice summary in the Invoicing section of eCargo Web.
In the Draft tab, you can see your draft credit and debit notes. To create invoices from the draft invoices, check the boxes next to them and Create Invoice.
These invoices are then ready to be approved and can be found in the Awaiting Approval tab.
|< Correcting & editing freight charges|