|Audience||Dispatcher, carrier, logistics provider|
|Application||eCargo Premium, eCargo Web|
eCargo is freight management software that gives you visibility and control over your freight movements and costs - all in one place.
Skip ahead to
Who uses eCargo?
People from throughout the supply chain use eCargo - dispatchers, carriers, and logistics providers all have a role in managing freight jobs, and it can all be done from eCargo.
If you use other systems to manage freight, they can be integrated to automate many tasks in eCargo. Updates to jobs in your enterprise resource planning system (ERP) and transport management system (TMS) will automatically update the jobs in eCargo.
How freight jobs work in eCargo
eCargo can be set up to suit how your company operates. The general process of completing a freight job in eCargo is:
- A job is created (manually in eCargo by a dispatcher, or automatically by the ERP system).
- A carrier is assigned the job (manually in eCargo, or automatically by business rules set in eCargo).
- The carrier confirms they can pick up the job and assigns a vehicle to it (manually in eCargo, or automatically by the TMS).
- The carrier picks up the job and dispatch is confirmed (manually in eCargo, or automatically by the ERP system).
- The carrier delivers the job and delivery is confirmed (manually in eCargo, or automatically by the TMS).
- The logistics provider manages the invoicing for the job (invoices are generated in eCargo).
The eCargo software
eCargo is available as a desktop application (eCargo Premium), and a web application (eCargo Web). Not all dispatch features are available in eCargo Web Dispatch yet - see the comparison table for more information.
Ready to get started with eCargo? See our Getting started articles.
|eCargo Premium >|