There are some great new features in the latest release of the eCargo Premium dispatch software.
Mandatory Unit of Measures
Administrators can now specify which UOMs are required on job creation. To set this up click on the UOM name in the Products Admin tab for My Customers or My Business. When creating a new job the user will be forced to enter a value into the specified UOM fields before saving the job - no more unrated jobs due to missing key quantities.
We've made it much easier to manifest your jobs, from the job menu you can now quickly view a list of existing manifests, making it easier to attach a job to one.
We've taken on your feedback in the area of printing, and made it a much more efficient process to print the different types of documentation required for dispatching a consignment. These improvements include:
- Can print Consignment Notes, DG and Labels all at once from a single screen
- Labels can now be printed to a standard A4 printer, a label printer is no longer required to generate a label
- Dangerous Goods note printing is faster and more streamlined (less clicks)
- Printer preferences and tray selection for each document type is now remembered
Reverse Logistics improvements
- Returns prefix changed to a simple suffix, eg ends in R
- You can now create multiple returns from a single originating consignment
- You can now create a return from a new job by either using the return button in Pickup & Delivery details, or in the Main tab of Job Details using the Make Return button
Logistics Provider role
Now logistics managers can use a single role to view and manage all of their customers' freight movements. This means you no longer need to use a combination of Manager Inwards and Outwards roles.
Coastal Shipping role
Shipping orders can now be filtered down to Coastal shipping orders only, this role will filter out all the export shipping orders.
Other Shipping enhancements
- The Voyage Number is now visible from the job list
- Clicking on an alert from the Summary screen will now take you directly to the job details
It's the little things that make a difference. Your cursor now defaults to the password field upon login, one less mouse click or key press required to get you busy dispatching!
Automated Lead Times
This much sought after feature allows you to setup the following variables for your customers and delivery points:
- Transit times
- Deliver by times
- Weekend deliveries allowed
- Public Holidays
These variables will be considered when creating new jobs resulting in the delivery date and time being automatically determined. The benefits include more accurate planned data to base KPIs on.
A number of bug fixes and minor improvements have been made:
- Some Returns were not correctly assigning the carrier
- Carrier field can now always be changed by the administrator user (when jobs stuck in Assign Carrier status)
- Bug fixed that allows users to print non-A5 con notes
- Administrator user can now change the delivery number on dispatched and delivered jobs
- Copy Job function did not correctly assign the subcontractor