The following steps describe the process for a Logistics Provider to setup a new customer with rate tables and the necessary supporting master data required to execute the new customer's freight movements and calculate the subsequent freight charges.
1. Prepare the necessary customer and supplier rates for the new customer. Load the new rates into eCargo using the Import Rates page.
- If new new rating zones are used in the new rates then these will need to be added via either the Zone Mappings page for individually adding new zones, or the Import Rating Zone Master Data page for importing new and altered zones in bulk.
2. From the My Customers page select the New Customer Business button. Enter the customer's name and either select from a matching business which already exists in eCargo or create an entirely new business. Select the Customer template to base the new customer on.
3. Once created the new customer details forms will appear. Complete the customer address details then select the Attributes tab and enter the correct rate table name value for the RATE_TABLE_NAMES attribute. This rate table name must match the rate table name used when importing the new rates in step 1. Upon saving the new customer and rate table will be 'hooked up', that is any consignments created by the new customer will use the associated rate table when calculating freight charges.
4. Go to the Extra Charges page to setup the Fuel Surcharges (FAF) for the new customer and their carriers.
- Be sure to setup both Customer and Supplier FAF entries.
5. You are now ready to successfully create users and jobs for the new customer.