There will be on occasion the requirement to manually override a calculated charge, or manually enter a one off charge for a consignment which has failed to calculate a charge.
eCargo provides administrator users with the ability to manually edit calculated charges, as well as setting a charge for a calculation error. The modified charge can then be used to invoice the customer or pay the supplier.
- To manually update a charge find the consignment, then select the Edit Charges tab.
- Next click the Edit button for the charge you wish to update.
- Update the Quantity, Nett Rate and Amount values as required. The Amount (gross charge) must exclusive of the Fuel Surcharge.
- Select Save.
The result should be the newly modified charge ready for invoicing. If a charge has been manually updated it will appear highlighted in yellow.
Key points to note about this feature:
- Only administrators will have access to the Edit Charges tab.
- Upon saving the 'Amount' value, ie the gross charge, will be udpated with the Fuel Surcharge (if any).
- Once manually changed the total charge will remain as set, and will not revert back to the original charge if recalculated.
- To reset a charge select the 'Reset' option from the dropdown list next to the charge Edit button.
- Editing an errored charge will not work for consignments with an error of 'Rate table not found'. The rate table must be found before the charge can be edited.