A manifest in eCargo is simply a collection of consignments on the same vehicle or vessel, and can be used in the following scenarios:
- Consignments picked up from the same point on the same vehicle
- Consignments picked up from multiple points on the same vehicle
- Consignments delivered to the same destination on the same vehicle
Creating a Manifest
To create a manifest, right click on the required consignment in the job list to open the actions menu. Select the Manifest item and then Add to New Manifest.
You can add multiple jobs at once to a new manifest, use the SHIFT or CTRL keys, or click and drag across the selected jobs in the list first then select New Manifest.
Upon creating a new manifest the Manifest Details window will open in the lower half of the screen. From here you can either add more jobs, or Save the new manifest.
Either enter your own unique manifest number or let eCargo assign a unique number by leaving blank and saving the manifest.
The load totals will be created and automatically updated as more jobs are added to the manifest.
Any comments regarding the manifest can be added here by the user.
The prime carrier and sub contractor can be assigned here.
The name of the vehicle moving the manifest.
|Instructions are taken from the source ERP system, eg SAP.|
Manifest Details (Pickup & Delivery)
This tab displays the start and end points of the manifest. If the the consignments initially added to the new manifest have the same pickup and/or delivery address then the manifest will display these addresses. Otherwise the Pickup and Delivery addresses could be blank for the manifest, as they are not required.
Similar to a consignment, dates and times times can be specified on the manifest also.
Important manifest rules to note
- When a consignment is attached to a manifest the following actions must be performed against the manifest:
- Assign carrier/subcontractor
- Allocate vehicle
- Confirm dispatch
- When a consignment is attached to a manifest the following consignment fields cannot be changed, they must be changed on the manifest:
- Pickup dates & times
- Carrier & Subcontractor
- Any changes made to the following fields on the manifest will update the attached consignments with the same value:
- Pickup Date/Time (if pickup address the same)
- Actual Pickup Date/Time (by confirming dispatch)
Editing Existing Manifests
Existing manifests can be maintained in a number of ways:
- Right-clicking a manifest in the Details window (Manifest tab) to bring up the 'Manifest actions menu'
- Double-clicking the manifest to open the Manifest Details
- Right-clicking a job in the Details list (Jobs tab) and selecting Manifest > Manifest Details
To add a job to an existing manifest:
If the manifest details window is already open:
- If the job you want to add is already in the job list, right-click on the job and select Manifest > Add to Displayed Manifest.
- If the job is not in the list, keep the Manifest Details open, and use the Search function or from the Summary screen locate the job(s) to add. Then add to the manifest as above.
If you have the consignment on screen that you wish to add to an existing manifest:
- Use the Add to Existing Manifest option from the manifest menu.
- Enter the manifest number of select from the list of currently active manifests.
- Save the changes.
To remove a job from the manifest:
- Open the Manifest Details window (as per methods above) then right-click on the job in the list you wish to remove.
- Select the Remove from Manifest item then Save the changes.
Listing Consignments on a manifest
You can also list all jobs on a manifest quickly by right clicking on a manifest in the Details screen (Manifest tab), and selecting List Consignments. This method gives you the added flexibility of being able to edit the jobs directly also, rather than just listing them as per the Manifest Details.
You can print off the manifest and its consignments by right clicking on any consignments container in the manifest, then select Print from the Manifest menu. Alternatively you can select the Print button from the manifest details window.