Managing returns can be a problematic task, particularly when it comes to having visibility over return consignments.
The Return feature in eCargo allows you to easily create a return from the originating consignment. This means your carriers have immediate visibility over your returns, in the same way they can view your outwards goods.
Creating a return from the originating consignment
To create a return firstly find the consignment you wish to return.
- Right click on the row and select the Return option.
- A new job window will then appear with the details copied from the original consignment, with the only difference being the delivery address has now become the pickup address. Adjust the quantities if required then click Save.
- The resulting job will be flagged with the return icon, and prefixed with the reason code you selected.
- Selecting the Returns button on the Summary screen will show all current return jobs in progress.
Create a return without an originating consignment
A return consignment can be created when creating a new job without referencing the original outbound consignment.
- Select New Job
- Now there are two options to create a return from the new job details window, either:
a. Click the Return icon in the Pickup & Delivery tab. This will swap the Pickup & Delivery Points, and ask if you would like to make the job a Return.
b. Use the Make Return button from the Main details tab. This is useful for correcting a job that should have been flagged as a return when first created.