eCargo system requirements
The eCargo software is delivered through a combination of a web browser application and a Microsoft Windows application which must be installed to use. To access to the web application, there is nothing to install, just login to the www.ecargo.co.nz. See supported web browsers below.
Supported web browsers
With the exception of Internet Explorer (IE11), we support the current and previous major releases of the following desktop browsers:
- Internet Explorer (IE) 11
- Microsoft Edge (current version and last major revision)
- Mozilla Firefox (current version and last major revision)
- Google Chrome (current version and last major revision)
- Safari (limited support)
eCargo Premium (Windows client) requirements
The minimum requirement for the eCargo application are:
- Pentium III processor (Pentium 4 or greater is recommended)
- 1GB Ram
- 14Mb unused hard drive space (for program installation).
- 1024x768, “High Colour (32 bit)” video settings.
- Microsoft Windows XP Operating System (Windows 7 is recommended)
- 256kbps ADSL internet connection
To install the eCargo system login to the eCargo website using your assigned eCargo login. Select the Admin page from the main menu and then the Install eCargo Premium option. From here you can download and install the application.
The completed installation will create an icon on your desktop.
Upon each start-up eCargo will check for and download any updates that are required.
If using Windows Vista or 7, some updates can display a communication error with ‘contact eCargo Support’. In this instance user may not have correct authorisations. Right click the Premium icon and select ‘Run as Administrator’. If issue still persists then contact eCargo Support.
The eCargo system is delivered via a Windows client application, called eCargo Premium, and a web based application accessed by logging onto www.ecargo.co.nz (or via quick links from eCargo Premium).
eCargo Premium has two components; the main application, winapp.exe, and the auto-updater, edmc.exe. These applications are installed into the …[User]\AppData\Local\eCargo directory. When the eCargo shortcut is run it first executes the auto updater to check for updates to the winapp.exe file. If any exist it will download a new version.
For eCargo to work the user needs to have the necessary authorisations to download exe files. This may include running as Admin when using Windows Vista and 7 when first installed. The login and update process is detailed below:
- The eCargo Premium shortcut target is set as "…[User]\AppData\Local\eCargo\Premium PROD\EDMC.exe" ACTION=I;APPNAME=ECARGOPROD_200. When run the auto updater is executed to check for any updates to the Premium application. It first connects to the Auto Update Service on the eCargo web server and requests the most recent manifest file (ECARGOPROD_200.mft). If access is authorised to the eCargo Test environment replace APPNAME=ECARGOUAT and www.test.ecargo.co.nz.
- The manifest file is then downloaded to the client, and the application compares the version number of the Premium application on the PC to the latest version number on the manifest.
- If the manifest version number is greater the application will then attempt to download the updated version of the winapp.exe file.
- Premium will then be executed and connect to the eCargo web service
If this configuration is not practical in your environment then there are two other installation options available:
- A standalone full installation package distributed as an MSI file. A new MSI file will provided to all managed application customers when application updates are released Alternatively the current standalone MSI installation can be downloaded directly here.
- Bypass the Auto Updater by modifying the client shortcut to execute the winapp.exe application directly. Application updates will need to be performed manually by an administrator.
If you are experiencing any installation issues please read through our troubleshooting guide.